Adoption Preparation TrainingAdoption training never really ends, but in just a few hours, prospective adoptive parents can learn more about what to expect from the adoption process.
Knowing what supports are available gives families the tools they need to advocate effectively for themselves and their child. Adoption is a lifelong process and can complicate the tasks of growing up so new questions and issues may surface over the years. Knowing how to recognize and respond to the challenges can make all the difference.
Participants will receive helpful handouts and information that directly pertains to their upcoming adoption including:
- Subsidy supports (financial and medical benefits)
- What to expect from the adoption procedure and process
- Decisions prospective adoptive parents must make
- Adoption issues impacting children and teens
- The legal aspects of adoption
- Ways to talk about adoption
- School and community (Setting up for Success)